The temperature is really heating up this summer! If you are like many others and want to soak up the sun as much as possible this season, it’s crucial to protect yourself and others around you from heatstroke; because it may be too late once you realize you’re overheated.
What is Heatstroke?
Heatstroke is a serious condition caused by your body overheating. This overheating is typically caused by physical exertion or prolonged exposure to seriously high temperatures, making summer the most dangerous and common time to develop this condition.
Heatstroke is not something to take lightly, and emergency treatment should be received. When left untreated, your vital organs can be damaged, and the condition becomes life-threatening.
Signs of Heatstroke
The best way to protect yourself from heatstroke on hot summer days is to pay attention to and know the signs and symptoms of heatstroke:
- High body temperature – Your body temperature is higher than usual. If it’s 104 degrees Fahrenheit or above, the heatstroke could be life-threatening.
- Nausea and vomiting – You may feel sick to your stomach and potentially vomit.
- Altered mental state – You may feel confused, agitated, dizzy, and start slurring your speech. In severe cases, a seizure or coma can occur.
- Rapid heart rate – Your heart may feel like it’s racing intensely.
- Shallow breathing – You may start breathing rapidly.
- Alteration in sweating – Your skin may feel hot and dry to the touch.
- Headache – Your head may start to hurt and feel like it’s throbbing.
Heat exhaustion is the onset of heatstroke, so mild forms of these symptoms should alert you that you may be developing heatstroke. If you display any of the above signs and symptoms, it’s crucial you immediately take yourself out of direct sunlight and move inside to an air-conditioned room if possible. Seek immediate attention if symptoms become more severe. Be sure to watch out for others as well when spending time outdoors in the heat.
Enjoy the outdoors safely with backyard maintenance from Ambrosio Landscape
Enjoy nature right in your own backyard. When property maintenance becomes too much, we’re the team to take care of it for you. The experts at Ambrosio Landscape Solutions are here to help do all the hard work so your yard looks beautiful and functions properly at all times. Contact us today or give us a call at (203) 762-5167.
View More Posts:
Schedule a Quick Consultation
Schedule a quick consultation with Ambrosio Landscape Solutions. We would be happy to discuss your dreams for your new project.