2020 has been a year unlike any other, and this holiday season is no exception. Since we are still amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, we all must do our part to protect each other from illness. While it might make your holiday traditions look different this year, it doesn’t mean we can’t all still have a fun and joyful holiday season!
These tips and guidelines, according to the CDC, are here to help you stay safe and make the most out of the holidays during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Stay At Home
The safest way to spend the holidays is by staying home. Celebrating in the comfort of your own home doesn’t have to be a negative experience; you can still make it a fun, memorable time for you and your family. Some ideas to help you get everyone in the holiday spirit include:
- Get crafty – Gather all the arts and crafts supplies you can and have some fun making your own gifts, cards, or decorations. You can save them for yourself, give them to your neighbors as gifts, or send them to family and friends.
- Fun in the kitchen – Who doesn’t love some sweet treats this time of year? Bake holiday cookies, pies, or anything else you want together to have fun and enjoy a snack later.
- Movie time – There are plenty of great holiday movies! Cuddle up on the couch, grab some popcorn, hot chocolate, or other treats and enjoy watching a holiday classic.
- Play games – Game nights are always a good time. Let everyone pick their favorite board, card, or video game, and get to playing!
- Decorate – Nothing sets the holiday mood more than decorations! Get everyone together and decorate your house so at every turn you there’s a festive surprise. Don’t forget outside!
- Neighborhood light tour – If you need an excuse to spend some time out of the house, gather everyone up and go for a drive around the neighborhood to see all the colorful lights people have put up!
- Online shopping – Going to busy stores and malls puts you at a higher risk of contracting an illness, so gather everyone together and do some online shopping together.Try doing a family or friend secret Santa to make sure everyone is included.
Keep Gatherings Small
If you are gathering with people, keep it small. The more people you are in contact with that you don’t live with, the higher your risk of spreading and contracting COVID-19 or other illnesses. Before getting together, everyone should be sure they do not have any illness symptoms and have been adhering to safety guidelines. While together, continue to follow the recommended safety measures of mask-wearing, hand washing, and social distancing. Be sure to quarantine yourself following the occasion.
Spend Time Outdoors
Indoor gatherings, especially with poor ventilation and small spaces, pose more of a risk. If possible, take the celebration outdoors. Bundle up, gather by a fire, and enjoy the fresh air!
Technology has made it possible for us to be away from each other but still feel connected. You can always include your loved ones in your celebrations by getting together virtually. Call, text, or video call your friends and family to spend time together for the holidays.
General Health and Safety Guidelines
To avoid the spread of dangerous germs and bacteria that lead to colds, the flu, and COVID-19, be sure that you and the people around you are continuing to practice there health and safety precautions each and every day:
- Wash your hands – For at least 20 seconds with soap and water, wash your hands frequently, especially after touching areas or items that are often touched. If you can’t wash your hands, utilize hand sanitizer.
- Wear a mask – Whenever you leave your home, be sure you are wearing a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
- Practice social distancing – Always keep 6 feet away from anyone that you don’t live with.
- Avoid crowds – Stay home as much as possible, and avoid going to places with large gatherings of people. Go to stores at times of the day when they are less crowded if necessary or utilize online shopping.
- Avoid anyone who is sick or showing symptoms – If you know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, the flu, or has a cold, stay away from them. If someone you know is displaying any symptoms or has themselves been around anyone who is sick, stay away.
- Clean high-touch areas – Any areas or items that are frequently touched in your home, such as doorknobs, light switches, and countertops, should be cleaned often with a proper disinfectant.
The holidays are a time to be thankful and joyful, so let’s make the best of the situation and help keep everyone safe. We wish you all a wonderful and healthy holiday season!
Property Maintenance in Fairfield County
Let the professionals handle the hard work of maintaining your property during the winter season. Ambrosio Landscaping Solutions can exceed your expectations and ensure that your property is always looking and performing its best. Give us a call at (203) 762-5167 to learn more.
View More Posts:
Schedule a Quick Consultation
Schedule a quick consultation with Ambrosio Landscape Solutions. We would be happy to discuss your dreams for your new project.