There’s a lot more that goes into being a homeowner than just signing some papers.
If you want your house to maintain its value (or even increase) and have stunning curb appeal, you need to provide it with the proper maintenance.
Now that it’s Fall, there are a few maintenance tasks you should be taking care of before winter arrives.
- Alleviating Your Lawn of Its Leaves – The most common piece of fall maintenance that must be addressed is leaf removal. Do not put this task off because leaves that cover your lawn can cause mold and lawn disease to occur. The lack of sunshine and entrapment of moisture is a lethal combination for your lawn.
- Removing Gutter Garbage – Like your lawn, your gutters should also be cleaned of any fallen leaves and debris. Clogged gutters can block the flow of rainwater, which will inevitably lead to roof leaks and property flooding. This simple chore can save you thousands of dollars in potential water damage.
- Protecting the Patio – The patio is enjoyed throughout the summer, but nothing is better than enjoying the fall foliage from the comfort of your own backyard. Get the most use out of your patio before the snow arrives, but also be prepared. Have a contingency plan in place for when the harsh weather does arrive, whether that’s moving the furniture inside or installing covers.
- Freeze-Proof the Faucets – Walk over to each of your home’s outdoor faucets and remove any attachments and hoses. Proceed to cover these faucets with an insulated bib cover and turn off the water leading to these fixtures. A frozen or burst pipe can put a big dent in your wallet.
- Prune the Plants – Before all of your trees, shrubs, and plants go dormant for the cold weather months, do the proper pruning. If that specific plant requires a trim before dormancy, now is the time to do so. Each plant is different so be sure to look up which one needs what maintenance.
Providing your property with maintenance each fall is needed in order to prevent spending money on repairs throughout the winter and early spring.
When you need professionals to help you take care of your property this fall, contact Ambrosio Landscape Solutions. To learn more about our property maintenance, give us a call at (203) 762-5167.
View More Posts: