With the days and nights getting colder, it’s time to prep your lawn for the new season.
Laying the groundwork now will help ensure your lawn comes in lush in the spring.
Here are a few tips to help keep your lawn healthy through the winter months.
Winter Lawn Prep Tips:
- Mow Your Lawn – Cut your grass down to about 1 to 1.5 inches. This will make it easier to care for. Keep mowing your lawn until it stops growing!
- Rake Up Leaves – If you have a lot of trees on your property, it’s important that you rake the leaves. Lawn buried under leaves is sun-deprived. This can cause diseases and keep your lawn from looking healthy in the spring.
- Protect Plants – Add mulch to your winter gardens to help protect bushes and plants against cold temperatures.
- Create a Compost Pile – Now is the perfect time to start a compost pile for the spring! Pick a location that is close enough to your garden to make it easy to carry the compost back and forth. Add any leaves, clippings and non-meat scraps to your compost. Throughout the winter, turn your compost. It’s ready to be used when it’s black and crumbly.
- Remove Your Annuals – When your annuals start to wither, remove them from the soil. Removing this plant debris will help prevent mildew, mold and other problems.
Contact our office if you have any questions about how to care for your lawn this winter! You can also visit our website to learn more about our property maintenance services and how we can help keep your landscape looking beautiful no matter what the season! Call 203-762-5167 to reach our office directly with any questions you may have.
Interested in learning more landscaping and property maintenance tips and tricks? Follow us on our social media pages!
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter
ADD us to your circles on Google+
View More Posts:
Schedule a Quick Consultation
Schedule a quick consultation with Ambrosio Landscape Solutions. We would be happy to discuss your dreams for your new project.